Warranty and withdraw
1. All www.carlat.com purchased goods have warranty by the manufacturer.
Information on the manufacturer’s warranty period for the product, in written in the item description.
In cases where the item will be specified by the manufacturer for warranty period, which is less than two years, the consumer has rights in two-year period, from the date of purchase, submit a claim regarding to the non-conformity of the goods to the terms of the contract.
The rights of a claim notification are valid, if the good was used only to the provided conditions and only in household.
Legal persons, which is not a consumer, has only manufacturer warranty period.
2. We inform, that manufacturer guarantee is only valid, if the buyer can demonstrate:
- proof of purchase (receipt, invoice);
- the manufacturer or distributor warranty card (in the case of a producer or a distributor of the goods has given one)
- information about certified manufacturer service centres, can be found in the manufacturer or distributor warranty cards, or it can be found calling directly to the representation of the manufacturer or to the good distributor number, which can be found on the good packaging;
- We inform, that the conditions of the guarantee do not apply to goods in addition to accessories (for example, goods accessories), nutritional elements (for example, batteries, accumulators), accessories, which has limited resource (for example, fuses)
3. The manufacturer’s warranty does not apply to damage which is result from the purchaser’s or user’s fault, and they are:
- item has guarantee seal, seral number damage;
- item is not used for its intended purpose and it is no operated as it is written in product leaflet;
- scratched, broken construction, broken screen, water poured in wrong places, care of the goods taken with wrong products, inside of the good is found foreign objects, allowed access inside of the good for insects or any other mark, which shows that good has been operated incorrectly
- if any damage of a nutritious voltage, network is not in accordance with the manufacturers standards, rapid temperature fluctuations, as well as other every day and external factors, such as soot, smoke, dust, humidity, scratches;
- if in the product appear unqualified repair feet;
- in cases, when elements have natural depreciation;
- if for the good in not used standard power supplies, accessories and spare parts, as well as raw materials, which the manufacturer is not certified for use with the product, and if it has caused damage to the good;
- on other equipment such as batteries, connecting cables, charging devices, the guarantee does not apply;
- guarantee does not apply if the good is transported incorrectly and damage has occurred.
- the warranty does not apply to product design elements;
- if the buyer cannot present a valid receipt or delivery note, the warranty obligations are void.
4. In case, if the good has been damaged, buyer has following options:
- to receive a consultation by e-mail or phone +371 230 77 837.
- go to the service centre of producer or distributor, with the proof of purchase and guarantee voucher.
- visit our office in Rīga, Aleksandra Caka street 81, LV-1011, Latvia, on working days from 10:00-17:00 (together with purchase proof – invoice, receipt and guarantee voucher);
5. In case when warranty service does not apply and buyer refuse to pay for the repair, buyer has to cover the charge of diagnostic, and buyer receives service centre conclusion for the damage. If buyer accepts to pay for the repairs, diagnostic costs is free of charge.
We inform, that carlat.com guarantee terms are created and match with Latvia and European Union laws and regulations, which has been set out in this field.
The right of withdrawal:
According to the Consumer Rights Protection Law of the Republic of Latvia the CONSUMER may exercise the cancellation rights and withdraw from the distance contract within the period of 14 calendar days and to return the purchased good to the SELLER.
Cancellation right deadline is 14 days:
- From the date of delivery of the goods – if ordered good;
- From the date of delivery of the last item – if the order contains multiple items;
- Of the last lot or part of the delivery date – if the delivery is needed to be performed in parts;
- From the first day of delivery of the goods – if the contract provides regular delivery of goods.
Information concerning the right of withdrawal exercising:
- The right of withdrawal means “to notify” about refusal from the order, namely to complete and submit “the notification of refusal” to the trader.
- To submit the refusal, consumer can use traders “withdrawal form” or other free form which express “a notification of refusal”
- “A notification of refusal” the consumer can send via postal service or hand in personally.
- If the consumer agrees, “notification of refusal” consumer can use traders offered notification form in internet home page.
- The right of withdrawal is exercised, if the “notification of refusal” is sent or submitted in the right of withdrawal deadline.
- The fact of using the right of withdrawal can be provided, for example, by the postal office supporting documents or trader’s confirmation that the “notification of refusal” is accepted.
- Traders duty is to hand out, to deliver or otherwise ensure "withdrawal form" to consumer.
- The consumer has a duty to prove the fact of exercising the right of withdrawal ("notification of refusal" forwarded or submitted in deadline), therefore it is recommended to submit "the notification of refusal" in writing and request to receive and preserve the evidence.
- In Laws and Regulations determinates the cases where the right of withdrawal cannot be exercised.
Effects of exercising the right of withdrawal:
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
The consumer rights to use the product at the time of exercising the right of withdrawal:
- The rights to check the product – consumer has the rights to use the product, to clarify product quality and type, as well as, to check the product.
- Consumer responsibility- consumer is responsible for the product value decreasing or product using contrary to good faith, if the product in the time of “right of withdrawal” has been used more than it is capable of, more than it is necessary to discover the product type or other tests that exceed the product boundaries.
- Product using to clarify and chech the quality and type, must be done so far as it is possible in the store.
Remember! In the term of the right of withdrawal, consumer has the rights to use the product so far as it is to check the product (as much as it can be done before purchasing product in the store). Using the right of withdrawal, the consumer is responsible for the use of the product, which exceeds the purpose of checking product quality or type. As well as using the product in the term of the right of the withdrawal, which is incompatible with the principle of good faith, as well as decreasing the product value, quality and safety.
The right of withdrawal does not apply to:
Signing the distance contract, you can’t use the right of withdrawal (if you haven’t agreed with the trader otherwise):
- If the buyer has made a special order, as a result of which the product is specially made for the buyer or it is special / individually ordered for the customer (not in the warehouse and it is not planned to extend the company's warehouse stocks with this product)
- If you have signed a contract in public auction;
- The supply of goods made to the consumer’s specifications or clearly personalized;
- If you have purchased the goods or service and the price depends on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the seller;
- If you have signed the contract in which the performance of the service begins before the term of 14 days, and you have confirmed that you will lose the right of withdrawal from the date when the contract for the provision of the service will be fully implemented.
- If you have purchased a good and after delivery it has been irreversibly mixed with other things due to its properties.
- If you have called for urgent repairs or maintenance, then the right of withdrawal applies only to additional services or goods that are not necessary spare parts for the intended repairs or maintenance work.